Sunday, June 3, 2007

Satya Quotes

by Anurag Kashyap
I am just a sucker for dialogues. There are ones which become immoral like “rishtein mein to hum tumhare baap….”…. “kitne aadmi the…” …. “pushpa I hate tears”….[anything to do with Thakur and Gabbar ….my ears bleed now though] Some of the real gems I feel never get their due. Like for Instance RADIO and TV has abused DEEWAR, SHOLAY and MUNNA BHAI dialogues like anything. Any fucking station or channel you switch to and the same mere pass maa hai Deewar…Aey Circuit…… or Gabbar…..can’t they think of anything else. Ok that’s exactly not I was thinking when I started to write this.

After a long long long long time there came a phase when me and my friends actually adapted a filmy lingo for a long time. Phone calls and MSN messenger chats where filled with this. This actually consumed a part of my Filmy life. There was a Filmy life before this and then there was one after this. If a plan to go the movies and it was cancelled….It was an over the top imitation of “plan cancel…..Bhau ne bola…Plan cancel”.

My Favs from the Movie.
“aaayyy Chutiya…….bolne dena….”
The first time I ever heard someone say that in a HINDI film. Pakya to his guy when he tries to threaten Satya as he protests to the chanda demand.

“paaiiiirrrrr toooot gayeee la hai baapuuuuuuuuu”
Sanjay Mishra screams as the scooter falls on his leg. Fuck this was hilarious to me…..

“wo malum nahi….phone aaya tha….Dubai se……”
The court room. I loved Mule’s reaction to this.

“sala yeh to pipe ban gaya”
Mule reacting to his bent cigarette after the golimaar bheje mein song…

I LOVE JAGGA BHAI….I might just start a website for this character.
Jagga: Kya re shanti seth, counter ke peeche bahut nota geen raha hai…Shanti Seth: kya jagga bhai… dhanda bilkul maanda chal raha hai…Jagga: To khola kahe ko…. tala maar de

Jagga Bhai enters the bar for the first time.
“Dekho Shanti Seth, kaay ko faltu baat karta hai … ye hafta tu mereko deta hai, par rakhta nahi hai apun ke paas, aage Gurubhai ko deta hai, Ab Gurubhai ne bola mere ko tere se paisa le ke aane ko, tum bolo kya bolu main usko, ki paisa nahi hai tere paas ….”
“sala tu samach ta to hai….per tereko samchana padtai…..”

The superb extortion dialogue when the bar owner shits bricks and agrees to pay as soon as he hears Guru Narayan’s name…..Jeev’s lines were for me the best in Satya…..Ok there was the Mumbai ka king kaun…and other famous ones but Jeeva takes the cake for me. He was my favorite in the film…….
“kaun kiya reeeeeeee”

It’s not the dialogue per say but the way Jagga Bhai aka Jeeva reacts to seeing Pakya’s face slashed……..I can still see those blood shot eyes and the never ending reeeeeeeeee……..
“lakhta hai sala chokra log mein dum kham ho gaya hai….pichlibaar mara tha to sala ek mahina tak nahi utha……” “ab sikha na re tu drink banana…..”

When the Blood Shot eyes Jagga Bhai teases Satya with his toe running over his face.
“sala humko kya yeda samjha hai….alibagh se aaya lagta hai tere ko….mere ko malum tera plare wala flat akkha ka akkha book hai…..aab rodi aur cement ka heesab doon tere ko….”

Kallu Mama fucks Builder Malhotra who sits there sweating in front of him.“Happy Morning…..”
This is often missed as “Shabbo ko try kiya kya” became famous…Mule when he greets Kallu Mama…he says this…Happy Morning……

“tere ko friz laake doon kyaaa……tereko TV laake doon kya????????????”
Chandu jokes before there is a shoot out when they go to Builder Malhotra’s place to collect money.
“tumhen kitni choti choti baton mein kushi milti hai…jaise batata wada….samandar….”
Please please please some do watch this for Satya’s diction…..awesome..esp… “batata wada”
“we are not here to question the government…….”“bharat bhraman ka iss se accha mouka aur kahan milega….”
ACP Amod Shukla’s Press conference.

“ sala kaha se re yeh Guru Narayan ka kaanta tere aankh mein ghusa….sala ek saath daru piyela hai….ek hi item bajaya hai…..”
Mule’s last ditch effort to broker peace between Bhiku and Guru Narayan

“tu baadbaad band kar…”
again not for the dialogue per say but the way Bhau say it…rather screams it….it’s awesome……

“aayyyyy Satya tere chavi…..”
Chandu sees Vidya from the window. The quote I loved but it was the scene which just blew me…the way it moved from a gory torture scene to a shy romantic one between Satya and Vidya where he steals a moment with her….only POV from room here to the buddy talk between Bhiku and Satya about love and women….This is one of my best scenes in Satya. Amazing graph…..This scene was actually if I can say was the crux of Satya for me. The entire graph from the blood and gore to the shy, blushing Satya to the Bhiku advice on love…..My best scene….FAN BLOODY TASTIC………

[Now if I go into the scenes I love I’ll have to write 100 pages…..so chuck it]

“tere girlfriend tere girlfriend aur mere biwi mere biwi nahi…….”
Bhiku is agitated as Staya had gone out of town with Vidya.

Then there are others like..
“bhaau milna chaahta hai”“haau ko bole yaahan aaye”
This scene I loved for Makarand’s reaction….superb….and the head shake before he leaves….almost a prophetic DOOM’s Day……..kinda of a sign…..

“mera choice clear tha….bhau kal ko CM bhi ban sakta hai…..”
Kallu Mama has still not come out of the shock killing of Bhiku……Mue tries to make sense of the situation.
then there is …”hume unke dar se faaeda hai maut se nahi” ……

In fact if I go to write all my favs I might as well write the entire screenplay here…I first have to watch Satya again for that which I plan to anyways…soon very very soon…It’s been quite some time…since I saw it last…..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the collection of quotes!! Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Man u r awesome ….. we friends went thru the same discussion, same dialogs from satya again and again and still loving it. Love to know there are other satya loving groups….
Just 3 words Awesome, Awesome and Awesome